Monday, March 9, 2009

it's not nice to call people names






















Accident prone or injury prone are names that have been recurring for me.

This weekend I tore a ligament in my right ankle. It is not as bad as it sounds. Six weeks and I am as good as new!

I told a friend at work and he said that it sounded bad. That reminds me of a parable I once heard about a farmer that had a son who broke his leg. All the people in the village said that was bad because it was harvest time and he couldn't work. He said it could be good or it could be bad,only God knows. The next day the soldiers came and took all of the sons away to fight in the war and they said it was good that he broke his leg. Once again the farmer said it could be good or bad, only God knows.

So goes all of our perceived problems.

Without Jesus this is a profound mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment